We are looking for a solidity contract developer: somebody who understands the heart of the EVM, can work wonders with Solidity, and is looking to expand their skill set into other contract languages such as Cadence.
You would be working directly with the CTO and other technical project leaders to broaden Equilibrium's overall capabilities and create cutting-edge implementations in the rapidly evolving field of DeFi and decentralized technology in general.
The position is remote-first, but we hope to get some face time in the form of company retreats if such things are ever possible post-pandemic.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and deploying smart contracts for Equilibrium projects and those of our clients
- Participating in critical design discussions to understand how such contracts fit into a larger, holistic, project setting
- Usage of specialized debugging and profiling tooling, as well as tooling such as model checkers to ensure the accuracy and correctness of smart contract code before it's sent to be security audited
- Thoughtful assessment of non-Ethereum, non-Solidity blockchains and smart contract languages for their potential use in Equilibrium projects
- Designing interconnected smart contract platforms with usage of concepts like contract upgradeability and gas optimization.
- Expanding Equilibrium’s portfolio of languages into new promising ones by choosing, learning and eventually coaching others on the use of those languages.
Must-have skills and qualifications:
- 3+ years experience writing smart contracts in Solidity or a commensurate language
- Examples of deployed and active smart contracts (link via Etherscan or similar)
- Experience setting up and working within team development environments and CI/CD workflows
- Familiarity with tools such as Truffle and Hardhat, or equivalent
- Full proficiency in English
- Intermediate or above experience in Rust
- Examples of deployed dApps you have worked on
- Solid writing skills
Salary & benefits:
Salary and benefits will be negotiated separately based on the candidate’s skills and experience. Make sure to include your time zone and salary request in the application!
More about the company:
Equilibrium builds core infrastructure for the new distributed web. We are a group of humans who think the web should be open source, peer-to-peer and private by default.
We look forward to meeting you!