Kelp.Digital is a small and ambitious tech startup working to empower content creators and transform the multimedia marketplace. Our current focus is on resolving numerous issues with content attribution and copyright protection.
The project is partly funded by the European Commission initiative and supported by the Web3 Foundation. We are open source.
About the project
The web application that we have is used to obtain the copyright and ownership statement using the Anagolay processes and stores it on the chain. The app communicates with the GraphQL server through the Apollo GraphQL client, web-workers for blockchain communication and image processing.
The web application is built using the latest ReactJS and Grommet.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a cooperative and confident team member with a curious and inquisitive mind to help us build distributed app connecting to GraphQL and Blockchain endpoints.
What do we offer?
- 100% remote work and flexible hours. Our only time requirement is that you are available every Monday from 4-6 pm UTC1 for a weekly meeting
- Challenges, and lots of them. We are building something new, something that nobody has ever done before! We are creating an ecosystem for provable photo copyrights and photo equipment ownership based on transparent processes
- Work with a diverse team from around the globe
- Work in a small and fast-paced team to build the microservices together with co-founders
As we know, not all responsibilities are required on a day-to-day basis. They are more a guideline to know what to expect to work on.
- work in a small and fast-paced team to build the web and desktop app
- writing the test suites and analyzing performance
- actively seek ways to improve existing software processes and interactions
- work with image processing and image metadata software
- improve and optimize current React implementation
- improve and optimize current GraphQL service built on Postgraphile
- collaborate with the team to prioritize the tasks and together create milestones
Here is the list that we absolutely need to build micro-services.
- Excellent Typescript knowledge
- Good GraphQL understanding and usage of Apollo GraphQL client
- Excellent React knowledge
- Good CSS and Styled Components knowledge
- Understanding of what Photo Metadata is, how it is used, and why it's important
- Fluent English, written and spoken
This list outlines the optional knowledge that will be helpful to you on an almost day-to-day basis.
- Write clear and concise code
- Write custom plugins for Postgraphile
- Good knowledge of Canvas and Image processing in the browser
- Good written and spoken communication in a multilingual team
- Understand the microservice architecture
- Write good jest tests
- A logical, analytical, and creative approach to problem-solving
- Writing and using Docker Images
- Open-source software background
- Familiarity with IPFS
- Good understanding of symmetric and asymmetric encryption ( PGP, etc.)
Location: Lviv (office) or fully remote