Job in brief:
Are you a highly skilled Java developer looking for a challenging role in a fast pace environment where you can develop even more? If you are passionate about technology and want to improve your skillset, then this is the role for you! We are looking for a Senior Java server-side developer to join our agile team at Bambora.
As a Java developer, you will be working with our state-of-the-art product, PaymentIQ, and you will play a key role in our Core Product Development team. Together with us you will continue to develop our unique and flexible payment systems.
DevCode Payment, which is part of the Bambora Group since May 2017, is a Software Company developing payment systems for global enterprise clients. With a headquarter in Sweden we provide payment solutions from all around the world, meeting the highest requirements on availability, performance, security and flexibility. Our clients are very successful, and you will recognize most of them from TV commercials.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Java server-side developer you will be part of a small agile team. With us you will be designing, implementing, maintaining and verifying new features of the core of PaymentIQ product and deploying them into production. You will be responsible for the full cycle from start to finish.
- Deliver tactical and strategic improvements to large scale Java/Spring based products
- Design, develop and test Java based solutions using Spring frameworks
- Maintain and update all existing server applications
- Translate software requirements into maintainable solutions within the existing application frameworks
- Be responsible for the full product lifecycle; Design, development, quality, deployment and maintenance
- Develop and keep up with best practices for developing applications
Some of the technologies you will be working with
- Java 8
- Spring framework
- Humble and helpful team player
- Ambitious high performer with problem solving skills
- Truly flexible and enjoys working in a high pace environment
- Interest in and understanding of architecture and dev ops
- Curious about the payment industry and eager to learn
- Strong coding skills in Java/Spring
- 4+ years of experience with Java. *Experience with version 8 or later required
- MSc or BSc in Computer Science or Engineering
- Good written and spoken English
- A love for developing software and solving difficult problems with simple solutions
- Experience in developing applications using Java/Spring framework
- Working knowledge and experience with Java Script, CSS, HTML, JSON
- Working skills in DB Schema design and SQL development
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Previous experience from the payment industry
- Previous experience from high transactional scalable systems
- Previous experience with Kafka
- Previous experience with Elastic Search
Become a Bamborian
The payment market is rapidly changing, and Bambora is a part of that change. We are a payment company with global presence and a mission to simplify payments for small and midsized merchants whether that business is instore, online or in-app. Our head office is in Stockholm, Sweden, but our work reaches people worldwide. Since the payment market is international, we have offices in Nordics as well as in Switzerland, Canada and Australia. Today we have around 750 employees, and we keep growing all the time. In July 2017, we became part of Ingenico Group, one of the world's largest payment companies, which provides increased opportunities for us to simplify payments and help customers grow worldwide.