Equilibrium is a venture studio working on core infrastructure for the distributed web. We work on a variety of open source projects including rust-ipfs, orbitdb and interledger-rs. We are looking for a Go developer to join us. The position is remote-first, but we hope to get some facetime in the form of company retreats if such things are ever possible post-pandemic.
You would be working with our distributed team of engineers on new products, core protocols or client projects. Most of the work we do is or will eventually be open source.
Our teams are largely self-organising in that they design their own processes and choose their own tools. We know each team and each project is different, so we try very hard not to mandate unnecessary processes on anyone. We trust our teams to deliver and let them get to work in the way they think is best.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, implementing and documenting robust backend systems
- Developing mission-critical financial applications in Golang
- Designing and developing testing and quality assurance processes
- Communicating with clients or open source communities
Must-have skills and qualifications:
- Experience in systems programming
- Experience in leading small teams
- 3-5 years of experience in building backend systems
- At least 1 year Go development experience
- Full proficiency in English
- Interest in crypto and blockchain protocols
- Cryptography & infosec knowledge
- Experience working with globally-distributed teams
Salary & benefits:
Salary and benefits will be negotiated separately based on the candidate’s skills and experience. Please note that we hire our international talent residing outside of Finland with contractor status. Take this into consideration and make sure to include your salary request in the application!
More about the company:
Equilibrium builds core infrastructure for the new distributed web. We are a group of humans who think the web should be open-source, peer-to-peer and private by default.
Make sure to include in your application:
- A short paragraph on why you would like to work at Equilibrium specifically.
- Links to any relevant content (Github, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Your salary request.
- Potential starting date.
Location: EU countries
We look forward to meeting you!