We are looking for an experienced PHP developer to join our development team in building the next generation business support platform for the Telecom industry.
About Billity AS and our mission:
For the last 2 years we have been working closely with the global Telecom industry to build a next generation business support platform running on Microservices. Our goal is to disrupt the market of monopolized old school software solutions with faster, scalable, client centric solutions – built for growth.
Our vision and financial projections combined with our in-depth industry knowledge and highly skilled design- and developer team, have made us extremely attractive to outside investors. This boost in funding has given us the opportunity to scale up our output and we are therefore looking for more talented and skilled people to join our team.
The industry is in rapid change these days as 5G, IoT, Open APIs, Big data and AI are changing the game. Our mission is to rethink the IT infrastructure through microservices, make it smarter and open it up to the future needs of the industry. We expect to launch our first version of the platform in December 2021 and have already signed our first customer contract in Sweden.
Your colleagues are located in Norway and Estonia and consist of a product specialist with ten years of telecom experience, a CTO with 12 years’ experience, a system architect, a database architect, a UX designer, a React developer, two DevOps/Security specialist, and four senior back-end developers.
A more detailed presentation of the project will be given during our interview.
Current project / next projects:
During the next 6 months the team is expected to build an order management system, a number porting service, a billing engine and a customer- and subscription management system.
After product launch in December/January, the team will widen the functionality span of already delivered functionalities based on system performance and user feedbacks, before it will start delivering new functionalities including business intelligence, automated billing audit and fraud preventing to mention a few.
Golang, PHP, C#, Rabbit MQ, Hashicorp Vault, Docker, Docker Swarm (will move to Kubernetes), DevOps: Gitlab, Ansibel, FlyWay + +, Webservers: Ngnix, Caddy, Apache, Databases: PostgreSQL, Redis, Linux distro is Debian, React.js
Scope of responsibilities:
- Software development using microservice-type technologies and REST/RPC API
- Writing unit and integration tests
- Conducting a code review for other developers
- Communicating in English
- Taking part of planning and finding solutions
- Feel responsible of your work
- Passionate about coding
- Understanding security
- Experience with working in DevOps and Docker environments
- Ability to work and find solutions both independently and in a team
- Good written and spoken English
- Microservices experience
Our development team:
We are using all the latest practices, mythologies and technologies to be expected from a modern
agile software company including domain driven design, test driven design patterns, continues deployment, micro service architecture etc.
Our team consists of system architects, database specialists, cyber security specialists, Go developers, PHP developers, React developers and UX designers.
We use Kanban and live by the Agile manifesto. Our managers have all been developers themselves and understand what makes a productive team truly productive instead of stressed and burned out.
Couple of reasons to join us:
- Management understand what we are doing. They know that challenges with timelines should be solved by either improving the workflow (if possible), increasing the team size or by reducing the requirements.
- Healthy work environment. We work as a team and help each other when someone needs help with a task. We encourage each other and see mistakes as an opportunity to learn and become better. We can have enthusiastic discussions about solutions, but we always respect other people opinions.
- Build something great that will change an entire industry and have an impact on the user experience of millions of end users subscribing to mobile phone services.
- Learn new programming languages like Golang.
Since we are flying under the radar until we launch our platform later this year, our website do not represent us. For more info schedule a one-hour presentation meeting with us to learn more about our business idea, personnel philosophy, and software.