About the client:
The company was established in 2002 and now has over 40 employees from 17 countries. We are building the leading data visualization software for business presentations. Our challenge is to offer the most intuitive user interface for generating complex data-driven charts and slides, while at the same time ensuring consistency, accuracy and seamless integration with Microsoft Office. We save time for our customers by automating many tasks for them, like chart labeling or slide layout. More than 750,000 users worldwide (such as American Express, Coca-Cola, Deloitte Consulting, Ernst & Young, Google, Hewlett-Packard, Nokia, Porsche Consulting, etc.) rely on our software for their daily business.
We work on challenging visualization problems, reverse engineering of Microsoft’s code, and reinventing the user interface. And we do this all based on our own pioneering C++ library, which we have the liberty to perfect along with the rest of our code. We’re the only German company funding a C++ ISO committee delegation, so there is a good chance that components we invent will find their way into the standard.
We’re a kind of company developers truly like. In fact, of our now 20 full-time developers, in 17 years history, only two ever quit their jobs. We are highly profitable, so we can give you the time and resources to write beautiful code. There are no meetings. All management (the two co-founders) are computer science PhDs, so no demands from people who do not understand the trade.
We’d like to have a chat if you:
- Have willingness to work with C++, disregarding the former specialization and years of experience
- Are fluent in English (mandatory), German is a plus
- Believe in beauty when it comes to programming and have a vivid interest in elegant algorithms
- Education: for EU citizens/residence holders – any; others have to have a University degree (starting from Bachelor)
About the recruitment process:
All the recruitment process is test based and the selection of the candidates based only on the results demonstrated during the tests
- Talentbyte screening call
- Test task from the client
- Telephone interview with the client (another problem/s to solve)
- Face-to-face interview with the client in Berlin (Video - during the Quarantine period)
Scope of responsibilities:
We are looking for smart, creative C++ developers with a solid theoretical background. You will work largely independently and will be responsible for the whole range of activities when implementing a new feature. The developers should be able to look at a problem from the user's perspective and discuss abstract concepts with fellow developers.
What we have to offer:
- A wide array of extremely challenging C++ development tasks
- An international team of brilliant minds
- A working environment that makes this team stay and grow
- Enough time to make sure that every detail of your solution is perfect
- A flat organization and plenty of room for your ideas
- No scheduled meetings
- Family-friendly working hours, no deadlines, no overtime
- Fully supported relocation to Berlin, Germany for you and your family
- Salary: 75 000-120 000 € gross per year, after the 1st year - 120 000 € guaranteed
- 4 - steps hiring process